PDA

View Full Version : Ahadith on the Life of the Prophets (AleiheSalaam)

shah2020
09-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Ahadith on the Life of the Prophets:

1. Hadrat Abu al-Darda’ reported that the Messenger of Allah said,
إن الله حرم على الأرض أن تأكل أجساد الأنبياء فنبي الله حي يرزق
“Indeed Allah has made it Haram (forbidden) upon the earth to eat the bodies of the Prophets. Thus, the Prophets of Allah are alive and are given their sustenance.”
Sunan Ibn Maja, Vol 5, Page 207, Hadith 1706
Mishkat al-Masabih, Vol 1, Page 304, Hadith 1366

Hadrat Sheikh ‘Abd al-Haq “Muhaddith-e-Dehwli” states under the commentary of this Hadith:
“The Prophets of Allah are alive in their graves, just as they were alive in this world.” [Ashi’ah al-Lam’at – Vol. 1 Pg. 576]

Imam Mulla ‘Ali al-Qari states under the commentary of this Hadith:
“There is no difference between the life of the Prophets after their demise and the life of them in this world. This is why it has been stated that the Awliyah (pious friends of Allah, the Most Exalted) do not die, but in fact, move from one place (the world) to another (the Hereafter). ” [Mirqat – Vol. 2 Pg. 212]

shah2020
09-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Hadrat Anas Ibn Malik narrated that the Messenger of Allah said,
الأنبياء أحياء في قبورهم يصلون

“The Prophets are alive in their graves, praying to their Lord”.

A sound (sahih) tradition related on the authority of Anas ibn Malik Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anho by: al-Bazzar in his Musnad, Abu Ya`la in his Musnad (7:445), Ibn `Adi in al-Kamil fi al-du`afa’, Tammam al-Razi in al-Fawa’id, al-Bayhaqi in Hayat al-anbiya’ fi quburihim, Abu Nu`aym in Akhbar Asbahan, Ibn `Asakir in Târeekh Dimashq, al-Haythami in Majma` al-zawa’id (8:144), al-Suyuti in Anbâ’ al-adhkiya’ bi-hayat al-anbiya’, and al-Albani, in Silsilat al-ahadith al-sahihah.

Imam Jalal al-Din Suyuti comments: “The life of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and give him peace, in his grave, and that of the rest of the prophets is known to us as definitive knowledge (`ilman qat`iyyan).”

shah2020
09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Hadrat Anas Ibn Malik narrated that the Messenger of Allah said,
ليلة أسري بي مررت على موسى وهو يصلي في قبره
“The night I was enraptured to my Lord I saw Mûsa standing in prayer in his grave”.

A sound (sahih) tradition related on the authority of Anas and others by Muslim (4:1845), Nasa’i (3:216), and Bayhaqi in the dala’il al-nubuwwa (2:247) and the Hayât. Some mention the beginning (in parentheses), while others omit it.

shah2020
09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Hadrat Abu Harayra narrated that the Messenger of Allah said,
ما من أحد يسلم على إلا رد الله على روحى حتى أرد عليه السلام
“No-one greets me except Allah has returned my soul to me so that I can return his salâm”.

From Abu Hurayra, in Abu Dawud (6:214) with a sound (SaHeeH) chain. This hadith has been adduced by the scholars as the legal proof for the validity and modality of visiting and greeting the Prophet Peace and Blessings be Upon Him.

Imam Jala al-Din Suyuti said that “radda” means “`ala al-dawâm,” i.e. permanently, and not temporarily. In other words, Allah does not return the rûH and take it back, then return it again and then take it back again, but He returned it to the Prophet permanently, and the Prophet is alive permanently.
Sakhawi, Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalâni’s student, said: “As for us (Muslims) we believe and we confirm that he is alive and provided for in his Grave” [al Qawl al Badee` Page 161].

Ibn al-Qayyim said: “It is obligatory knowledge to know that his body is in the earth tender and humid (i.e. as in life), and when the Companions asked him: ‘How is our greeting presented to you after you have turned to dust’ he replied: ‘Allah has defended the earth from consuming the flesh of Prophets,’ and if his body was not in his grave he would not have given this answer.” [al-RûH Page 58]

Ibn Hajar al-Haythami wrote in al-Jawhar al-Munazzam:
“The proofs and the transmitted texts have been established as authentic in the highest degree that the Prophet is alive and tender… that he fasts and performs pilgrimage every year, and that he purifies himself with water which rains on him.”

Hassan Raza
12-26-2011, 08:06 AM
subhanALLAH