Advanced Search

+ Reply to Thread

Default Tawheed In Summary.

As-Salaam alaikum,
    In Islam, there are 4 phrases that, taken together, encompass Tawheed (worshipping Allah alone) and qadr (pre-destination). These 4 phrases are:--

Subhanallah
    Alhamdulillah
    Laa ilaaha illallah
    Allahu akbar and Lahawla wala quwata illa billah.

Ibn Abi Awfaa, may Allah be Merciful to him, said a man came to the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, and said: "I cannot learn the Qur'an, so teach me something that will suffice me. He said, [recite] Subhanallah, Walhamdulillah, Wa laa ilaha illallah, Wallahu akbar, Wala hawla walaquwata illa billah.." [Abu Dawud 832, Nisa'ee 2/143].

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported: 'Shall I inform you of a phrase which is under the throne and from among the treasures of Paradise?" Say, ''La hawla wala quwata illa billah'', Allah will say, 'My Servant has submitted himself in intention, action and worship (aslama was-taslama)''. [Hakim, Darabi, Fath al Baari 11/501].

A servant does not control any of his affairs; he does not have the means to repel harm or the ability to attain goodness except by Allah's Will. A servant cannot change disobedience to obedience, sickness to health, weakness to strength, deficiency to perfection except by Allah's Help.

What Allah Wills happens and what he does not Will won't happen. The affairs of creation are tied to His Decree and Pre-destination, Tabaraka Wa-Ta'ala...
    Last edited by Abu Hafsat; 06-01-2017 at 04:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information